A roof is one of the most important parts of any structure, whether residential or commercial. A solid roof provides shelter, protects people and valuables from the elements, and may offer valuable energy savings opportunities if it is cared for and maintained well.
Commercial Roof Maintenance 101 Protecting your commercial investments is easier with a little preventative roof maintenance. While there are some differences between commercial roofing and residential roofing maintenance, one common need for all types of roofs is regular maintenance. So how do you best care for and protect your commercial roof? Read on for some quick tips on protecting your investment.
1. Perform preventative maintenance Your roof should be checked regularly for signs of wear and tear, leaks, and damage. If you don’t feel comfortable performing this inspection yourself, employ the services of trained roofing professional to look for signs of disrepair.
2. Schedule regular appointments for maintenance Your roof should be checked at least once yearly for signs of damage. Many commercial property owners choose to have inspections performed after a change of seasons, or when temperature fluctuations reveal deficiencies. Work with your roofing professional to design a maintenance schedule that you can both live with.
3. Inspect shortly after severe weather High winds, heavy rains, hail, and torrential rain can all wreak havoc on your roof. If you live in a colder climate, snow and ice can also cause significant damage to your property. Perform an inspection or call in a professional to determine if your property is damaged, and take steps to repair minor issues so they don’t become even bigger problems.
4. Clean your roof regularly Standing water, dirt, mud, and tree debris can all cause roofing materials to break down over time. Cleaning your roof regularly will allow it to perform as intended, and you’ll be saving yourself both time and money on repairs that may not have been needed with debris removal.
5. Choose the right roofing professional Partnering with the right roofing professional is a smart and savvy move when trying to protect your commercial investments. A qualified experienced and licensed professional will be able to assess, maintain, and repair your roof when needed. Plan for long-term care of your commercial roof to protect your valuable investment, and you’ll extend the life of your roof for years to come.
DK Haney Roofing DK Haney Roofing company is a group of qualified professionals you can trust. Offering comprehensive commercial and residential roofing services to their valued clients, their commitment to you is to help you protect your most valuable asset–your property. For more information on our top-notch services, contact us today. Visit https://dkhaneyroofing.com/ for more information.